Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: login session transcript

From: xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 19:50:49 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

Have you thought of using sudo, and then you can allow the vendor to do
only what they need to. Get a list of commands that they need to use,
and only allow them access to those commands. For more info man sudo.

I've used this in the past for the same type of situation, and it worked
like a charm.

xyberpix