Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: e-mail tracing

From: phrag <phrag () slackcon org>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 15:25:41 +0100

I also used to get miscreants using my mail server to relay mail, although i
have turned on smtp authentication which has stopped that, but they still
spoof the address to that of mine, which also causes me to get replies from
sometimes., I have also got a couple of password reset requests from stupid
spoofed address's that don't resolve, but which seem to be bounced back to my
main domain email. Does this still mean they are using it to relay?
Thanks,
--
phrag
[Slackware-current Linux 2.4.26]