Security Basics mailing list archives

nasty new url insertion program

From: Alex Gogan <alex () fbi ie>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:20:54 +0100

Hi All,

Just a quick note, a client rang me this morning in a panic saying the site we developed and hosted was compromised, what was happening was every time he made a change on the CMS system to one of the pages, where there was a URL field it would (he was unaware) insert "http://younghotgirls.net/2504/"; it was only when he was checking the pages online did he notice this.

Needless to say I told him to download the spy ware and antivirus to try and catch this but I must admit I find this troubling.

Has anybody else found or heard of something similar ??

--
Alex Gogan
alex () fbi ie

http://www.fbi.ie
Communications House
11 Leeson Park Villas, Sallymount Avenue, Ranelagh,
Dublin 6, Ireland

Tel:+353.14988588 | Fax: +353.14988589
Web: www.fbi.ie | Email: alex () fbi ie