Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: AIDA vs. Tripware vs. Tripwire commercial

From: Marco Bellini <seathrun () tiscali it>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:28:32 +0200

i use AFIK and it's easy to use and flexible. i've heard good words
about AIDE, too. Tripwire (the free version, not the commercial one) is
a little bit outdated so you should choose among the others.

i've installed AFIK on a debian machine (about 30 seconds), created the
signature database (2 minutes, reading man pages included) and checked
the system for the first time. put your db on a trusted media; upgrade
it when you patch the system and then schedule checks, mailing you
relevant results.

HTH,
marco