Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Mcafee Intrushield Reviews

From: "Nguyen, Thai" <tnguyen () grey com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:30:23 -0400

My company bought an Intrushield 2600 sensor along with the manager a
year ago.  We deployed it initially as an IDS for a while to get a sense
of what was considered "normal" traffic.  Switching the sensor into
inline, IPS mode has been a mixed bag.  I've had some nagging problems
with the Intruvert deployment that are peculiar to my distributed
firewall environment, which is comprised of Nokia clusters running
Checkpoint NG AI.  My only real criticism of the Intrushield product is
the lackluster support.  It is certainly not on par with Nokia's or
Cisco's support.

Thai Nguyen