Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Netopia Routers

From: "Dan Tesch" <dan.tesch () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:26:57 -0500

Get a Nessus box running and scan it; Nessus is free, kicks but, and
you will likely find other uses for it if you are interested in security.
I used many many Netopia routers in the '90's and I REALLY liked
the interface - rock solid, I never had a problem with them but I am
not familiar with anything current.

Nessus will help you uncover configuration issues as well, ie: open ports
and the like - known vulnerablilities are referenced by archives on CVE,
Securityfocus, Microsoft, etc.

www.nessus.org

Hi everyone,

 lately, I've been using Netopia (Cayman) routers to build networks and
was wondering if anyone encountered important vulnerabilities in them.
I've used Google, but nothing.  Is there a good resource where I could
find any security holes?  I use more than one model, so I need something
general.  The Netopias are not widely used and are pretty good, but I'd
like to make sure of that... Thanks!

Stephane Auger