Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SYN Port Scanning Help

From: xyberpix <xyberpix () xyberpix com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 20:52:48 +0100

Hi Anirudhya,

Have a look at Superscan, afaik it can do SYN scans.
I've always been an nmap person, so I may be wrong, but it's worth
having a look nonetheless.

xyberpix

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 09:43, Anirudhya Mitra wrote:
Dear List,

( I really do not know if this is the right place to ask this question.. so
please pardon me, if I am wrong )

I am looking for any available TUTORIAL, SOURCE CODE (and not binary) etc.
in the internet that can do a SYN scanning thru a WindowsXP box using the
Winsock 2 Socket API implementation (ie, using SOCK_RAW)

I have searched Google, Yahoo, AltaVista, Askjeeves etc. but did not find a
suitable one (or whatever I found failed to run under WinXP box). I have
Winsock 1.1 programming experience in Win98 along with Raw Socket experience
in Linux.

I have seen Nmap coding.. but as Nmap is supposed to do a lot of things, and
not only syn scan, the code is a bit lenthy. More over it uses WinPcap (
Windows Packet Capture Architecture ) which I do NOT want to use. I want to
implement only Raw Sockets.

I have been using RedHat for the past 4 years, and I recently converted to
WinXP professional for a particular client side requirement. That is, my
Windows knowledge is not very good (only some common Windows programming
experience).

Thanking you in anticipation,

Anirudhya Mitra.

--