Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Something new in my inbox

From: Arunas Norvaisa <an () al-qaedah net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 23:17:00 +0300

On Tuesday, September 28, 2004, 4:35:25 AM, Rob Hughes wrote
about Something new in my inbox:

RH> I've noticed an increasing amount of spam that's using what looks like a
RH> broken attempt to mime-encode a url. An example would be
RH> http://www=2euwantedx=2einfo/rm/news_out=2ehtm. Does anyone recognize
RH> this encoding type? I need to create some spamassassin rules to pick it
RH> up. The only place I've seen the "=2e" stuff is in broken outlook
RH> emails, so any help or pointers to sites with info on this encoding will
RH> be appreciated.

 Rob,  I  think  it's  a  simple  'dot' (like in '.'), encoded in some
obscure manner.

 :)

--
Greetz, Arunas Norvaisa - Little Guy, The Masses Inc.
Composed in Kaunas, Lithuania on Tuesday, September 28, 2004 11:16 PM +3:00