Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Forensic tool for hard drive.

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 23:30:06 -0700

One of my fav programs for such a thing (on Windows) is a freebie
called "PC File Inspector Recovery". It works very well, is easy to
use, and is priced very well. =) It can be found here:
http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/UK/welcome.htm

Something else I've found to work extremely well is GetDataBack (they
have both FAT and NTFS versions). While it's not free, they do provide
a free trial which has limited functionality. The NTFS version is $80,
the FAT version is $70. It's a bit more then I'd like to pay, but this
program has saved the day more then once.

--
Peace. ~G