Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: [Was:learning ethical hacking] Linux Security Distributions

From: "Jim Clark" <jclark () cmanet org>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:58:24 -0700

I agree with all below, however, the newest in my tool bag and what has
really been working well for me is Auditor from Max Moser.  I have found
it to be the fastest and easiest to use.  http://www.remote-exploit.org/

One word of caution though.  In auditing my wireless I was not paying
close enough attention and ended up running all the tools on a
government office in my area.  Oops.  Had to track that down and call
them.  So far their admins have been cool about it and we have really
interested in the tool sets.

On a personal note, please remember to through some beer and pizza money
to these folks.  Without them I believe our job would be more difficult.

Best regards,
Jim Clark