Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: SNMPD in RED HAT

From: Josh Mills <joshdmills () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:24:19 -0500

While i totally agree that MRTG is much better than solar winds i
wouldnt recommend it to someone who doesnt even know how to get snmp
running. the config can be a real nightmare but if you are willing to
work through the configuration issues of MRTG then you will not be
dissapointed. if you are wanting to run the monitor on a windows box
but monitor the linux server then you could also look at prtg it is a
commercial product but it is very cheap and very easy to configure.
MRTG can run on windows but it is not the easiest thing to get working
unless it has changed since the last time i used a win2k box.

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 01:44:36 -0500, Gabriel Orozco