Security Basics mailing list archives

what is confliced arp?

From: "Ferino Mardo" <RMardo () ALJOMAIHBEV com>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:49:29 +0300

we're in the process of evaluating how trend's new personal firewall/IDS
is and in the process of reading the logs I found one confusing event.
the log says "confliced ARP" coming from an XP SP2 and the ip address
for the sending and destination are all 0.0.0.0. google didn't came up
with anything and CERT only turned up references to cisco devices and
admittedly I'm having problem correlating that with this user's PC.

thanks for any help in interpreting this.

Rino Mardo
Network Administrator

"If you want anything done well, do it yourself. This is why most people
laugh at their own jokes." -- Bob Edwards

The information contained in this email and any accompanying documents
is intended for the sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed,
and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and
prohibited from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient, or authorized to receive this on behalf of the
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure,
copying, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended
recipient(s), please contact the sender by e-mail and destroy all copies
of the original message. Thank you.