Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Spyware Adware URL lists

From: "Ryan Duff" <ryan () duff-duff net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:58:14 -0500

On Friday, November 26, 2004 3:30 AM Ronish wrote:

Hi List, I am looking for a list of web sites that are
accessed by all those Spywares, Adwares and other malware out
there  A regularly updated list would be perfect  Tried to
google for such a list, with no success  Any help would be
greatly appreciated  Thanks, Ronish

Look for a hosts file somebody has compiled online. Most of the urls in
there are advert servers. That should help you out. Once I started using an
updated hosts file and a pop up blocker, I run ad-aware every couple weeks
and only get 1 or 2 pieces and it's a tracking cookie, nothing to harmufl.
Mike provides a great (very long) host file here:
http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

Hope this helps you out some.

Ryan Duff
http://www.duff-duff.net