Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: USB Usage Policy

From: Secure Lockdown <secure_lockdown () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 09:06:07 -0500

I am also concerned with some of the new high capacity storage available to
users. USB flash mem keys, USB hard drives, portable DVD burners.

gone are the days when the most someone can hope to accomplish is take a 1.4mb
floppy worth of data with them unauthorized.with the consumer media storage
devices available today, a user could walk away with gig's of data off your
file server without you knowing about it.

in my environment, proper security labeling and file & folder access auditing
are very high on my list and are scrutinized heavily.

SL