Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Problems in installing Securemote on Win XP

From: Rob Hughes <rob () robhughes com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 08:25:36 -0600

On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 17:14 +0000, Stefano Mosconi wrote:

Hi all,

I tried to install Securemote (all the latests versions NG FP3, NG AI R55 and NG AI R56) on my notebook with WinXP
SP1.

The installation seems to go well but when I exit the installation program Ikernel.exe gives me a memory error and
waits a process called should not see me to end.

When the pc is restarted the SecuRemote Service could not start due to an internal error.

These are install shield errors, not CP errors. Here's some links to
installshield's site that might help.

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105146

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q104985

http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q104986