Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Preventing users from deleting all their files

From: robert_white () dot ca gov
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:35:42 -0800

I put all my users on a domain and took their rights away from the system
folders...... Worked fine for me. I have had zero problems...

Robert

 "Some people are like Slinkies.
Not really good for anything, but
you still can't help but smile when
you see one tumble down the stairs."
                                   -      Anonymous

|         |                 Luis Osorio|
|         |           <luis.osorio@parf|
|         |                    ois.com>|
|         |            11/15/2004 04:55|
|         |                          AM|

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       security-basics () securityfocus com
           |
  |       cc:
        |
  |       Subject:  Preventing users from deleting all their files

Hi,

We´re having some problems with users deleting all their files on their
client computers, specially those that for one reason or other, leave the
company. What alternatives i have to avoid this? backup entire HD? I am
open
to suggestions.

Best Regards,

Luis