Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Simple but effective Disk Wipe Software

From: momotaro <momotaro () inetbrains com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:24:52 +0900

We use destroy.com.  It does DoD and is free and fits ona DOS floppy.

Here is an excerpt from the readme.

You can download it from here: http://www.vector.co.jp/soft/dl/dos/util/se196626.html

----
1.ABSTRACT
        DESTROY is a handy DOS utility to sanitize HDDs with specified
        data pattern.
        The purpose of this program is to make the HDD disposable from
        security viewpoint.
Note that format command of Windows does not erase data completely.

2.FEATURE
        Very small and handy
        Supports both old BIOS and extended BIOS (>8GB)
        Browse option of disk content
        Pattern selection to fill
        DoD standard (DOD 5220.22-M) compliance
        NSA recommendation compliance