Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: IPS vs Firewall

From: "Cutequyz" <sonicely () cbn net id>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 17:53:12 +0700

nop. you wouldn't get a good report for ips. anyway, it gonna to be single
device of failure and the firewall fail, the whole network become shutdown.
if this is the case, why you spend your money to it? another thing, the
interface should be invisible (can't be ping adn detected by port/ip
scanner, even from your inside)

take a look at scmagazine.com and see what expert see in a good ips.