Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: looking for tool to find open ports and domains

From: "Mitchell Rowton" <mrowton () bdo com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:27:16 -0400

SuperScan is a great (and simple) free tool.  It will tell you what
workgroup/domain they are in

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/superscan.html

<freeasabird_13 () gmx net> 05/08/04 01:35AM >>>
----- Begin Original Message -----

I am looking for a way to scan for specific ports on all the PC's in
our
network. Also in this scan I would like to know what domain these PCS
belong
too. I have tried Nessus, nmap, and superscanner; and they produce
great
reports on the ports open, and way too much information about the
machine.
Does anyone know any easy way to just get the port numbers open, and
what
domain the PC belongs to? Maybe I used the right tool, but not
configured
correctly...

Thanks,
Mike

----- End Original Message -----

NOTICE:
The contents of this email and any attachments to it may contain privileged and confidential information from BDO
Seidman, LLP.  This information is only for the viewing or use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of, or the taking of any action in
reliance upon, the information contained in this e-mail, or any of the attachments to this e-mail, is strictly
prohibited and that this e-mail and all of the attachments to this e-mail, if any, must be immediately returned to BDO
Seidman, LLP or destroyed and, in either case, this e-mail and all attachments to this e-mail must be immediately
deleted from your computer without making any copies thereof.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
BDO Seidman, LLP by e-mail immediately.

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html