Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Security Appliances

From: Michael Gale <michael () bluesuperman com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:15:02 -0700

Hello,

        I personally like the BorderWare Firewall Server, it provides a nice
content filter for HTTP traffic. It has a VPN solution.

For spam ... not to sound like a BorderWare Reseller but they also have
a product called the Mxtreme (www.mxtreme.com). I have used the Mxtreme
and I believe it is the best anti-spam system on the market, plus it has
AV for email too.

Oh .. also a OWA web proxy which is nice.

I would stay away from the SideWinder Firewall, have not heard good
things. If was I going to use a security appliances I would pick one of
the following ( in order ):

Borderware Firewall Server
Cisco PIX
CheckPoint