Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Simulating Attacks

From: "Harshul Nayak" <harshul.nayak () patni com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 14:20:15 +0530

Hi bhargav,

there are various scenarios you can build.

Have three diff environment
a.Red hat linux
b. windows wnt
c. sun solaris

Have a linux box running red hat 6.2 running ftp daemon..
attack simulation - Buffer overflow ; remote root compromise

on windows machine ; winnt 4.0 running iis 4
simulation attack - Directory traversal ; Remote shell compromise

on sun solaris 7.0 or 8.0 ;
running telnet daemon
simulation attack - remote compromise of the telnet server.

The permitation and combinations of various attacks are many. you will have
to built it up accordning to your audience and skills.

exploits for the above mentioned attacks are available in the wild.

wish u luc.
-regs
Harshul