Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Linux Distribution Recomendation

From: Neil Fryer <nfryer () marimba com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 09:14:24 -0800

For what it's worth, if you want a really secure *nix system, I would
seriously recommend OpenBSD.
AFAIK, it's probably one of the most secure *nix distro's out there right
now, and personally I wouldn't say that learning BSD over Linux is tough at
all, if you can work a Unix system, you're halfway there.
Also the really good point here is that OpenBSD boasts openly on their
website, "Only one remote hole in the default install, in more than 7
years!" Which is damn right impressive if you ask me, and AFAIK the remote
hole was cause via a flaw in SSH.

HTH

Neil