Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Blocking NetBios

From: "Brunner, Mark" <MBrunner () tor fasken com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:15:49 -0400

This could be done by installing a Personal Firewall package on each workstation.
New ones, Like Symantec's products, let you set "personalities" (standard configurations) up in advance and push
updates to policy to the clients from a central console.

Cheers!

Mark Brunner
Security Manager
Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
Barristers & Solicitors
Patent & Trade Mark Agents
Toronto, Ontario
http://www.fasken.com

This communication is solicitor/client privileged and contains
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom it is
addressed. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying, other distribution of
this communication or taking any action on its contents is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us
immediately and delete this message without reading, copying or
forwarding it to anyone.