Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Comcast Cable Setup Security Issue

From: James Kelly <jim () essistants com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:47:33 -0400

I don't know what was up with this guys set up... this is what you get
for following the instructions.  I just plugged in my cable modem,
plugged that into my home made linux router.... then from there plugged
the internal nic into my switch.  I proceeded to throw that cd away.

As far using your own modem, yeah I bought mine.  You just have to call
them and give them some info in regards to the modem.

All in all I have had good experiences with comcast.

Jim

dave kleiman wrote:
| Ken,
|
| You actually have to install software to utilize Comcast's cable network?
|
| So in your scenario, where you removed the Router installed and
reconnected,
| if you add/switch computers behind the router do you have to
| install/reinstall?
|
| You have no option to use your own cable modem?
|
| Vote Adelphia, and no I do not work them.

| Dave Kleiman, CISSP, CISM, CIFI, MCSE
| www.SecurityBreachResponse.com

DIRECTLY