Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Test Lab Help

From: PLaSTiK <plastik () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:50:28 -0500

For some if this you could get away with.  However I'm not sure your
really going to achieve what you want.

You could install Snort, ISS, and Cisco CSID and the Net Forensics
(providing there running on windows/*nix).  Getting them all to
communicate together might be a little more complicated.  Running 4
Virtual PC's on a single computer (especially at the same time) is
going to kill it and make it very slow (unless ur running some sweet
Dual P4's with 2GB of ram or something like that).

When it comes to the PIX i HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt you will be able to get
it on the Virtual PC.  the way FOS works (if you can even get FOS
itself...) with the hardware is not going to be the same as what a
Virtual PC is emulating (as FOS doesnt use video/audio/hard
drive/etc...)

- Zachery

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 05:21:07 -0700 (PDT), sEc nErD