Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: New Trojan? -- GOT IT

From: Andrej Kacian <andrej () kacian sk>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:52:40 +0200

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:11:39 -0400
Jeff <Jeff@Not_A_Real_Address.com> wrote:

Months ago at the house, I setup two computers AS IF they were at a
company and since they weren't going to be used publicly, I just threw
this unused domain into the IP setup. The first computer is long gone. I
forgot, and never pulled it out of the 2nd, my home WinXP box.

That's why it's better to use custom TLD for computers that are on a local
network - for example, on my home network i use TLD .kacian (my surname).
There's no way it's ever going to be used on the Internet. :)

--
/~\ The ASCII        Andrej "Ticho" Kacian <andrej at kacian dot sk>
\ / Ribbon Campaign  GnuPG public key ID: 7CD93FE2 (pgp.mit.edu)