Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Info HIDS

From: Dave Dearinger <daved () mdon-line com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:43:29 -0700

Snort will provide the kind of monitoring you are asking about. Snort can be configured to monitor an entire network, and output logs in tcp dump, mySQL, MSSQL, and plain text log output. check http://www/snort.org for more information and you may find it helpful to subscribe to a mailing list such as
Snort-users () lists sourceforge net

-Dave Dearinger
-Network Administrator
-MD-Online Inc.
-daved () mdon-line com
-1-888-397-3434
Email Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this transmission is confidential, proprietary or privileged and may be subject to protection under the law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). The message is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution or copying of the message is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalties. If you received this transmission in error, please contact the sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the material from any computer.