Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: What to do if Cisco router & switches got hacked ?

From: "Nilesh Burghate" <nileshb () nii co in>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 02:01:06 +0530

Hi,

In most of the cases, weak SNMP community strings on the routers and Swithes
results in trivail hacking. There are tools available to brute force the
SNMP community strings (Google for help)

The links below are standard practices for securing routers
http://www.nsa.gov/snac/cisco/guides/cis-1.pdf
http://www.nsa.gov/snac/cisco/guides/cis-2.pdf

THH,

Nilesh P. Burghate,