Security Basics mailing list archives

Request for feedback on ip-nat

From: "Joris L." <jorislambrecht () pandora be>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:50:24 +0100

Hallo,

I'm currently investigating possible reasons for client-programs to a im
network to disconnect for no real apparent reason. What could be the
possible causes, what could cause a time-out to occur ?

And in particular for msn-protocol-v9 i'd like to know if there are any
good resources on this since the ports used by the most current version
of ms-msn-messenger apparently are very different from previous
versions. What has happened and why is it hard to find any specs on this
protocol ?

In case you're savvy on this i'd appreciate your reply and/or remarks.

Best Regards,

J. Lambrecht

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!