Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: iptables and yahoo voicechat servers

From: Alejandro Flores <alejandro.flores () triforsec com br>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:09:18 -0300

        Hello greg,

< ... snip ... >
after reading the page, i have a question that you
guys out there might help me. why does it has so many
servers? what is the benefit? do i have to write 14
iptables rules for this voicechat to work?

        They have many servers for load balance. So they can handle everybody.
        Well, you can use a netmask in your rule, so you don't need to write a
rule for each yahoo server. Something like 66.218.70.32/28.

Regards,
Alejandro Flores

--TriForSec
http://www.triforsec.com.br/

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!