Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: software - keyloggers etc

From: "Lloyd Haynes" <lrh1 () talk21 com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 01:43:11 -0000

HI,

If your Antivirus doent pick up SpyBot then its time to upgrade,

http://www.symantec.com/nav/nav_9xnt/features.html

With Norton Anti-virus 2004:

"NEW! Expanded threat detection alerts you to certain non-virus threats such
as spyware and keystroke logging programs."

this is the only one product i can finds which acts like a 2 in 1 (Antivirus
and Spyware Remover)

SpyBot is a Syn bot (DOS Bot) which skript kiddies use to syn flood people
with, the only way this came it is througth you executing it.
the others may of came in on something like a free CD from a mag etc...

regards

Lloyd