Security Basics mailing list archives

Windows Log and remote Access

From: getting_out <getting_out () tele2 it>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 17:33:24 +0100

Good afternoon.

I don't know if I already posted this message, but I didn't see it in the archives so I'm gonna post it now.
I excuse if this message will arrive duplicate and even excuse for my English :)

Well, if I access to a remote share on my pc (eg. \\mypc\share), I got a log in the Event Viewer that say me who, when
and if succeed in accessig to the share.

If i try some command like
        net use * \\mypc\share wrongpwd /U:administrator /persistent:no
        net use * \\mypc\share rightpwd /U:administrator /persistent:no
I got 2 logs. The first says that someone tried to access with user administrator my share and the second that the
Administrator user accessed to my share.

I would like to know if this log could be writed in some other computer besides mine. If so, how can I do it.
And the last question is this. If I try to accesso to my share with a script (in order to obtain a brute force for the
pwd), could this activity be catched? And If so, how could I do it?

thanks a lot
D.

WebMail Tele2 http://www.tele2.it

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!