Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: ISO 17799 / BS 7799 certification

From: "Rhona Aylward" <raylward () a2solutions co uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 19:28:43 -0000

Hi

Currently you can only become a BS7799 auditor because ISO17799 is a
guideline and not a standard. To become an auditor you need to complete an
accredited BS7799 auditor course.

In the UK I only know of 2 training organisations that provide this and they
are BSI and LRQA. If you are outside the UK I would suggest you get in touch
with your local standards authority, for example in the UK it would be UKAS
(United Kingdom Accreditation Service), who should be able to put in touch
with training companies that are accredited to run BS7799 auditor courses.

Once you are qualified you can audit companies to this standard but cannot
provide them with certification unless you work for a certification body,
such as BSI.

Hope this is helpful

Rhona Aylward
Alpha Squared Solutions