Security Basics mailing list archives

Stopping Windows 9x from connecting over dial-up

From: "Barber, Chris" <CBarber () stginc com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 11:04:28 -0500

I have been requested to stop all windows 9x boxes from connecting to my
network.  I am still running NT 4.0 Domain, and have disabled LM
Authentication.  OK that takes care of machines on the LAN/WAN.  I also have
a Cisco 3640 (IOS 12.1) that we have to allow people to dial into and
connect to the network.

My question is, is there a way that I can prevent a Windows 9x box from
connecting via the 3640?

Chris.

Ethical Hacking at InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $720 off any
course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less.
We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion Prevention,
and many other technical hands on courses.
Visit us at http://www.infosecinstitute.com/securityfocus to get $720 off
any course!