Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Spyware drama!

From: "Reinaldo UOL" <rabarbaro () uol com br>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:04:44 -0200

Try SPYBOT Search & Destroy - if i'm not confused, there's a link in the pages to a net tool that does it. By the way
this tool is excellent (in my opinion - ok) for stand-alone micros. And it has many translations (portuguese included).

But see also FAQ # 026 (on the spybot search & destroy's help to have a more explaned question answered about the
advantages/disadvantages of doing such scan using a server ok) (it's also translated to portuguese (of brazil)) :-) -
enjoy !!!

P.S. - A suggestion either - Try to have an explanation (and know what are the skills/tools that you have to take) on
blocking and/or filtering content perhaps using a PROXY and ROUTER/NAT. I'm NOT a security expert but there's a lot of
them here in the lists of Security Focus...

You can also visit and join (and question your doubts) in the "REDEWAN" list. (It's a list moderated about
routers/switches/bridges, admin's policy, security, etc... manteined by Gilberto Biasotto in PORTUGUESE.

Regards (abraços para os colegas da "Terrinha").