Security Basics mailing list archives

Security through Microsoft SUS and GPEDIT.MSC

From: hansn () comcast net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:56:10 +0000

I have a question pertaining to the gpedit.msc command when used to access the Windows autoupdate settings.  I use this
command to edit all my client machine's access to our local sus server and everything works well, although I do have to
admit that physically going to each machine and running this command is quite tedious and time consuming.   What I'm
looking for is a command that will allow me to access the remote client from MY administrative workstation and run
gpedit without disturbing the user on the client machine (which means I would like to keep away from any remote desktop
usage).  It seems to me a week
or so ago I read a response that had a command to run gpedit on remote clients from a local machine and I can't for the
life of me remember what that command was.  Would any of you happen to remember what that command was?

Thanks in advance

Hans