Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: [leaf-user] udp masq entry and dns abuse

From: "Luis.F.Correia" <Luis.F.Correia () seg-social pt>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:44:44 -0000

My uneducated guess is that with this setup, every dnscache
query to the DNS servers, also counts as a NAT connection.

You should move dnscache to youe leaf-router to avoid this.
Also, with this setup, you have in fact double NAT.

Web caching is possible using only one eth on your RH9 box.

But again, these are only my 0.02 EUR cents ;)

Luis Correia
Bering uClibc Team Member

PGP Fingerprint: BC44 D7DA 5A17 F92A CA21 9ABE DFF0 3540 2322 21F6
Key Server: http://pgp.mit.edu