Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Unusual Activity

From: "Shawn Jackson" <sjackson () horizonusa com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 10:25:44 -0800

Most likely a scan, kinda looks like something Nimba would do. Could
also be someone trying to exploit your feedback page for use as a open
relay. They are looking for one windows file and some *NIX files. The
last line is them trying to get cat output from your passwd file. Block
the IP/netblock. And do a through scan of your log files.

Shawn Jackson
Systems Administrator
Horizon USA
1190 Trademark Dr #107