Security Basics mailing list archives

How to secure access to private network files via IIS 6.0?

From: "Sistemas Aurensis-Sys Sec" <syssec () aurensis com>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:50:48 +0100

If files are static or change for example every day I prefer not open ports in the PIX firewall and upload this files
with sftp. Open ports always have a risk, hackers have more points to try and more points to find a hole.
If you have one possibility for not open ports its better.
Ports 139 and 445 invoke try to hack.