Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: version of webmin...

From: "Shawn Jackson" <sjackson () horizonusa com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 08:33:29 -0800

lucas [mailto:villneuve () seznam cz]
It's possible find out remote version
of my webmin only throught www.xxx.xx:10000?

Because Webmin uses miniserv you can't get webmin information from the
port itself. I've configured webmin to update nightly and email me a
report, and that has version information about the webmin modules.

I know webmin displays it's current system version in html page title
once you login, you could write a shell script to pull that and pipe it
through sendmail, but that's probably more work then your wanting to do.

Any reason you want to get the webmin version number?

Shawn Jackson
Systems Administrator
Horizon USA
1190 Trademark Dr #107
Reno NV 89521

www.horizonusa.com
Email: sjackson () horizonusa com
Phone: (775) 858-2338
       (800) 325-1199 x338

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php