Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: MBSA 1.2

From: Kelly Martin <kel () securityfocus com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:20:26 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Nagy Gergely wrote:

Does Nessus run on XP?
How can I set it to scan all the Microsoft patches on the given system and
vulnerabilites?

Note that we ran a 3-part series on Nessus indepth recently, to provide
more information than is listed on the Nessus site. The scan examples and
screenshots are provided for both Unix and Windows based clients. You
should find this a useful primer:

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1741
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1753
http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1759

--
Kelly Martin kel () securityfocus com http://www.securityfocus.com
SecurityFocus content editor ph+001-403-261-5468, fax 403-261-5455

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that
integrates six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.astaro.com/php/contact/securityfocus.php