Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Win95 detection

From: "Jeff Gercken" <JeffG () kizan com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:26:38 -0500

Can you email your user base a link to the script and have them execute
it? Or can you just ask them to look at the side of the start menu and
report what they have?

Why not use this as the motivator to upgrade to a better OS? I mean,
win95??

Other fingerprinting tools that haven't been mentioned:
Amap
P0f

-jeff