Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: about malware

From: "Jeff Gercken" <JeffG () kizan com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:39:34 -0500

I think the common approach to this is rather the inverse.  Search through the system drive and look for registry keys,
executables, dlls, and other files, filter the known objects, then try and identify what is left. Resource intensive,
yes, but I believe this is the only way to a systematic analysis.