Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Spyware

From: "Jon Lawhead" <samurai () berkeley edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:33:26 -0800

Hi Matt,

Unfortunately the spyware industry isn't nice enough to standardize what port its programs use when phoning home. You best bet would just be to prevent any unauthorized programs from getting out; that way they'll be blocked no matter what port they try.

Jon Lawhead
UC Berkeley Rescomp/SINE

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:37:48 -0500