Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: learning sniffer skills

From: Florian Streck <streck () papafloh de>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 10:20:12 +0100

I think you have to play a little bit with the tcpdump options.
Have a look at the manpage for tcpdump.
The options "-A" or "-X" might be what you need. And perhaps "-s 0".

Florian

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:00:50PM -0500, Carlos Mario Mora (c4y0) wrote:
Im starting to learn use a sniffer, but now im stopped with the method
to read the sniffer output.

Im trying read with tcpdump or snort the mail messages downloaded by
pop3.  But can see the message content.    How can "assembly" the
message readed with the sniffer?

--
Jesus is real! I saw him at a party last week, he was
playing quarters with Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny