Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: VPN architecture for POCKET PC

From: "Gary Freeman" <Gary.Freeman () rci rogers com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:29:35 -0500

Hi Hassan,

I would place the VPN concentrator into the presentment DMZ and only
allow access to the VPN device from ANY using Protocol 50 and UDP 500.
Users connecting can get a local address from a routable address pool
within your DMZ and then have the VPN assign a routing table to allow
them to only access addresses that are on your LAN via the inside
interface on the presentment firewall.  The second firewall, facing your
LAN can then permit only the VPN pool addresses in and NAT them to
services on the inside.

Gary Freeman
This transmission may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and/or
exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient,
do not read the contents and
delete it immediately.