Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: DMZ / Firewall rule diagramming

From: Spigga <spigga () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:19:39 -0600

For firewall rules specifically use a Visio with squares representing
each "zone" and use colored lines to indicate the permitted traffic
patterns.   Inbound blue outbound green with labels indicating
protocol and port.  Color code the zones to indicate security levels
for that zone (assuming pix).  I wish I could show you what I mean but
I cannot share our visios.  Have one tab in a drawing dedicated to
traffic flow and others for the network diagramming of each zone. You
can also include the ip addresses of the firewalls and failover links.
I'd make you one to show what I mean but I don't have Visio on Linux,
our design team does the drawings.   If you like the idea but need to
see it let me know and I'll have one sanitized for you.

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:15:43 +1300, Craig Humphrey