Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Network spyware detection

From: Pablo Hauser <pablohauser () yahoo com ar>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:06:56 -0300 (ART)

I haven't found either a definitively solution to
spy/adware, but SpyBot 1.3 + SpywareBlaster seems to
be the best couple. The second one provides a shield
much better than SpyBot's one.
But unfortunately I haven't noticed yet about a good
corporate solution...

 --- Luke Sullivan <LSullivan () constellagroup com>
escribió:
I would agree with Gabrielle's remarks below, but
would like to add this, if
you boot the infected computer in Safe-mode, then
run a manual scan, the
SAV9 option to delete first then Log works much
better.  The other thing is
I have not found a product yet that will delete or
remove EVERY piece of
certain spyware/malware - but the nice thing about
SAV9 is the stuff they
can't/won't delete is logged and a URL is provided
to Symantec's site on how
to remove that specific malware - even if it is
manually.  What I'd like to
see added, is a way to save or print the log file!
And yes, I totally agree that a realtime protection
or immunization would be
a great feature.

-Luke