Security Basics mailing list archives

Hardening Guidelines - Sun Solaris 8, Red Hat Enterprise AS 3.0, SuSE Enterprise 8.0, VMWare ESX 2.1, AIX 5.1/5.2L

From: "Rosado, Rafael (Rafael)" <rarosado () lucent com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:12:46 -0600

All,

I am developing hardening guides for different Unix and Linux OSs (including
VMWare ESX under which the Service Console runs under a hardened version of
Red Hat 7.2).

I want to corroborate these hardening guides I am developing with industry
best practices.  I currently have available those docs developed by SANS,
NIST, and the vendors themselves (Sun, VMWare, Red Hat and IBM) and others
(Armoring Sun Solaris, etc.).

Do any of you have good links for additional hardening information?  Your
recommendations are truly appreciated.

Rafael Rosado