Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Returned Mails

From: "Ricardo Saramago" <admin () ricardosaramago com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:29:50 +0100

That's normal behavior for the Netsky virus. This virus uses all the email
adresses it can to replicate itself, generaly it uses the ones available in
the windows adress book, so if someone you know has your email in his/her
ad. Book, the virus will use it as sender id. IDS's, firewalls and corporate
anti virus usually notify the sender that he/she has a virus... It's whats's
happening to you. I get this all the time, and my pc is clean, I even get
this with an account I only use in Linux, so it's impossible it's infected.

Cheers,

R.